Thursday, July 2, 2015

Contractions In English Conversation

Contractions In English Conversation And Informal Situation
Singkatan Dalam Percakapan/Pengucapan Bahasa Inggris dan Situasi Nonformal.

Positive Contraction

I contractions

I am → I'm →"I'm LPIA Pademangan worker."
I had →I'd → "I'd better do my homework."
I have → I've → "I've always liked sushi."
I will → I'll → "I'll tell you later."
I would → I'd → "I'd have taken you if I had known."

You Contractions

You are → You're → "You're my best friend."
You had → You'd → "You'd gone to the cinema."
You have → You've → "You've seen it before."
You would → You'd → "You'd have really liked it."
You will → You'll → "You'll be late."

He Contractions

He had → He'd → "He'd already spent the money."
He has → He's → "He's been to London twice."
He is → He's → "He's my cousin."
He will → He'll → "He'll lend you his bike."
He would → He'd → "He'd rather go shopping."

She Contractions

She had → She'd → "She'd gone to bed before he called."
She  has → She's → "She's been studying for hours."
She is → She's → "She's very intelligent."
She will → She'll → "She'll be working late today."
She would → She'd → "She would love to go."

It Contractions

It had → It'd → "It'd been snowing all night."
It has → It's → "It's been fun."
It is →It's → "It's much warmer today."
It will → It'll → "It'll be fine."
It would → It'd → "It'd  have been great."

We Contractions

We are → "We're English course and Computer training."
We had → We'd → "We'd forgotten to take them."
We have → We've → "We've all thought about it."
We will → We'll → "We'll go next summer."
We would → We'd → "We'd like to go again."

They Contractions

They are → They're → "They're living near here."
They had → They'd → "They'd just finished reading the report when their boss came."
They have → They've → "They've asked me before."
They will → They'll → "They'll meet you there."
They would → They'd → "They'd have walked if the weather had been better."

Negative Contraction

Are not → Aren't → "You aren't invited."
Can not  → Can't → "You can't smoke in here."
Could not → Couldn't → "He couldn't find you."
Did not → Didn't → "She didn't remember me."
Does not → Doesn't → "He doesn't work here."
Do not → Don't → "I don't like spiders."
Had not → Hadn't → "He hadn't been told."
Has not → Hasn't → "She hasn't left."
have not  → haven't   → ""
Is not → Isn't → "This isn't difficult."
mayn't → may not → mightn't → might not → Must not → Mustn't → "I musn't make a noise."
Need not → Needn't → "You needn't come."
oughtn't → ought not →
shan't → shall not →
Should not → Shouldn't → "We shouldn't eat sweets."
Was not → Wasn't → "It wasn't bad."
Were not → Weren't → "They weren't helpful."
Will not → Won't → "We won't regret it."
Would not → Wouldn't → "You wouldn't believe me."
would not have → wouldn't've →


Informal Contraction

  • ain't = am not/are not/is not
    I ain't sure.
    You ain't my boss.
  • ain't = has not/have not
    I ain't done it.
    She ain't finished yet.
  • gimme = give me
    Gimme your money.
    Don't gimme that rubbish.
    Can you gimme a hand?
  • gonna = going to
    Nothing's gonna change my love for you.
    I'm not gonna tell you.
    What are you gonna do?
  • gotta = (have) got a
    I've gotta gun.
    I gotta gun.
    She hasn't gotta penny.
    Have you gotta car?
  • gotta = (have) got to
    I've gotta go now.
    I gotta go now.
    We haven't gotta do that.
    Have they gotta work?
  • kinda = kind of
    She's kinda cute.
  • lemme = let me
    Lemme go!
  • wanna = want to
    I wanna go home.
  • wanna = want a
    I wanna coffee.
  • whatcha = what are you
    Whatcha going to do?
  • whatcha = what have you
    Whatcha got there?
  • ya = you
    Who saw ya?

Other Contraction

There Contractions

There has → There's → "There's been mail today."
There is  → There's → "There's more in the fridge."
There will → There'll → "There'll be a protest strike tomorrow."
There had → There'd → "There'd better be a good reason why you are late."
There  would → There'd → "There'd have been more people here if the party had been on the weekend."

That Contractions

That had → That'd → "That'd better be the last time she calls me."
That is → That's → "That's it."
That will → That'll → "That'll make it easier to understand."
That would → That'd → "That'd have been why."

Here Contractions

here's → here is → Here's your meal.

Question Contractions

how's → how is? → How's your wife?
what'll → what will? → What'll people think?
what's → what is? → What's the matter?
when's → when is? → When's the wedding?
where's → where is? → Where's the cinema?
who's → who is? → Who's your teacher?
who'd → who would? → Who'd like ice-cream?
who'll → who will? → Who'll be there?

Informasi lebih lanjut:
LPIA Pademangan
Lembaga Kursus Bahasa Inggris dan Pelatihan Komputer.
Jl. BUDI MULIA RAYA, Ruko King No. 8K,
Pademangan Barat JAKARTA UTARA
(DEPAN SDN 07/08 PADEMANGAN)
Telp. 021-46214041

No comments:

Post a Comment

Customer Service:


Mobile :


Let's Get Connected: Twitter | Facebook |